Well my first prenatal appt is set, i'll probably be around 7 weeks then, what do you see on the ultra sound around the 7 week mark?

tammygal12209

Asked by tammygal12209 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A lima bean, IF they do one. It will be internal.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You will see what looks like a bean. The baby is way too small at that point so they would have to do one intravaginally.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• First off they'll do a vaginal u/s because your under 10 weeks. You might not be able to see a heartbeat, but you should definitely see a gestational sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• pretty much nothing. Most don't do that that early
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had one at 6 1/2 weeks and saw the embryo (very tiny) and was lucky enough to see the heartbeat!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Your teeny tiny baby with a heart beat.

I've had one at 7 weeks with both of my babies and saw their little outline and heart beat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• pretty much just a bean! ive never had one that early though!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 8:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• awww i wish i could tell you lol...i didnt even take a test until i was almost 14 weeks cuz i didnt think i could be pregnant...so i didnt get an ultrasound until 19 weeks and at that point it was a baby not a bean anymore but my best friend had one with her first at 6 weeks and her daughter looked like a seashell
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Not much! That is very early for a scan, so don't expect much of anything at all. If everything is positive, you should see a sack, maybe a very tiny fetal pole, and possibly a heart beat. Don't be upset if you don't hear the HB, as 7 weeks is still very early. With my first, we did not hear the heart beat at the first scan, and it wasn't until a week later that we did. He's 6 so all was well.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 6:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011