Cooking question!!!

ok...so i got a whole chicken, carrots, an onion, celery, and red potatoes....if I want to use the crock pot, do I literally just throw everything in with some water?? I feel like such a ding dong, but I want to make a nice dinner. also, how long does it cook for?? thanks :)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 7:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I took a whole frozen chicken, onions and garlic+ seasoning. Tossed it all in the crock pot, dry/no water. When i checked it a couple of hours later it had about an inch of water in it. Bird came out nice and tender.
    Just throw it all in and turn on the crock pot. It will come out great.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well, if you just throw it in the oven, it won't take all that long to cook! It will only take an hour to roast it, and then the vegetables and potatoes will get SO yummy instead of mushy. Follow this recipe and throw those veggies into the pan!

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The crock pot is great! Just throw things in, but it on low and 8 hours later you have a great meal. Just throw it all in and add a bit of water (if your chicken is thawed it might need some) and let it go. It makes the house smell great and you have a great dinner
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011