How can i get my 3 year old to listen to me!!

I am a mom of three kids. I have two boys and one girl, my daughter is the youngest and lately she has not been listening to me, telling me she hates me when i discipline her. I am started to become overwhelmed with this because i dont know what to do! I am the working parent which doesnt allow me too be with her as much as i feel she needs me too. My husband lets her watch tv or whatever she wants to all day. Which makes me sound like the a mean mom because i dont let her! what can I do to make a change in our mother daughter bond and make it stronger! She is beginning to act more like a boy than a little girl!! please help I need advise!!

MIMomof321

Asked by MIMomof321 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it sounds like your hubby is the one that needs a talkin to. the kids only know what they are taught...your husband HAS to get on the same page as you, or you will have nothing but a bunch of confused kids....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If hubby allows what you don't you need to talk to him about it and come to some sort of compromise. To create a tighter bond, go do something with just her, something you think she will enjoy.

Answer by older at 7:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies and the effort to do things individually with her could really pay off. Actually all your kids should have one on one time with you and your DH so they know they are individually special and appreciated. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• PP's are correct, your DH and you need to be on the same page.

Beyond that, try not to be upset by angry things your toddler may say. She doesn't really mean she hates you, she has a limited choice of options to express her anger or disagreement with you. Be firm, let her know that you make the rules that you do so out of love, & because you want her to learn to be the best person she can be. Take a little time each day to be with her one-on-one. Even 5 minutes at bedtime with your undivided attention will help.

Also, your DH may be having trouble with you being the only breadwinner right now. When you broach the subject of setting a more productive schedule with the children, acknowledge that being the 'house spouse' may not be his first choice right now, but you appreciate that he is pitching in, and (not 'but') you need him to work with you to help your DD learn to take instruction without a fight. GL to you both.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I used to put their toys in "toy jail" (in a box out of reach) and rotate them out to encourage good behavior.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thank you all very much
    for your imput i will give it a try!
    MIMomof321

Comment by MIMomof321 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011