Braxton hicks?

I've been having them since Monday night off and on. Today I was having them this morning when I woke up, and at some point they stopped..I ate lunch around 2 and they started back up and have been happening ever since. I'm only 23 weeks along..do I need to be concerned or call my doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt be concerned braxton hicks dont do anything. you have them from the beginning of your pregnancy you may just not notice them until later or at all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• you should let your dr. know. are they regular at all? how many in an hour when you are having them? if you are emotionally stressed, then do what you can to destress. if you are physically stressed, then be good to yourself! are you drinking 2-3 liters of water a day?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Umm, they come mainly during the mid-day and they're always right together I think the most I've had have been 3-4 in an hour..but again they've been right together (like one right after another, and it'll be about 2-3 like that, and then 1-2 again shortly after)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• you should be fine, i would lay down and rest when this haappens though because its wayyyy to early for baby, im 33 weeks and i get them alot now!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 7:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• while braxton hicks are usually harmless if they are persistent and continue they can lead to complications like preterm labor..so yes call your doctor if they are frequent...i hardly get them at all and im 34 weeks...if they come everyday maybe you should see what triggers them at the same time and slow down then
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• They are usually a signal to slow down. If you are having more than 4 an hour, call the doctor. Up to 4 an hour is completely within the normal range. When they start, take it as your cue to relax... now! Sit down, put your feet up, drink a glass of water. If it is the evening, take a warm bath.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011