Putting something on my best friends grave...

So, my best friend died in December...

She and I were more than best friends, it was more like a sisterhood, if that makes any sense. Anyways, I couldn't make it in for the funeral due to sleet...they canceled my flight, yada yada yada.

I'm going home for the first time since she's passed. I really want to put something on her grave. Any of you ladies have any good ideas?

Obviously, some flowers...

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Google what flowers mean what. Certain kinds and colors mean different things. Pick one that fits ur relationship
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It kind of depends on the cemeteries rules. Some are very strict about only in urns, no plants..stuff like that. Everytime my sister goes to our brothers gravesite she burns a copy of her favorite pic of them together. She tapes it to the headstone when she leaves.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Think about the things you guys liked to do together, or some of her favorite things, maybe that will help you think of something.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• real flower, fake flowers will last longer and in all kinds of weather. If can stand put something into the ground an angel statue, or maybe some how a wind chime if that will work, or one of those toys that whirl in the wind.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would say a single rose for your single best friend.....so sorry for your lost
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Is she a fan of certain things - trinkets or such? My godmother loved turtles and lighthouses, so we put those on her grave. She loved holidays too, so my son makes her a cute little item and we put that on there as well.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011