How do I get mormons to stop coming to my house without being rude?

I somehow managed to get talked into a bible study at my house this saturday and I honestly dont want to be involved in this. I don't mean any disrespect, its just not for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Last summer they came to my door, I told them I wasn't interested but invited them in for a glass of water because it was 112 degrees outside. For the next few weeks they kept coming and I would give them bs excuses but they just kept coming back. It didn't stop until I politely told them not to come back anymore.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 7:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Don't be there Saturday at the assigned time if you don't have a number to call. My husband finally had a brass plate made that he epoxied to the storm door. Its says "Jehovahs Witnesses and LDS..DO NOT knock or ringbell. We have our beliefs and they conflict with yours. If you do you will greeted with anger and possibly a .357. We're serious, don't make it easy to shoot a tresspasser." Not one doorbell ring or knock from either since it went up. Actually, I think they have us on a 'beware' list or something..LOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had to buy a sign that reads, "No Soliciting, No Religious Queries". Seriously. It's by my front door.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is not disrespectful to say "no thank you" and if they press to tell them that "this is end of the discussion" and if they press for an explanation to tell them "please leave now."
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• one summer they came to my house. i sent them in the backyard to talk to hubby cuz i was in no mood. the one guy went back and dh was really nice to him (had no idea who he was or what he wanted) he offered him a beer like three times finally the guy left without explaining what he wanted and they never showed up again.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Tell them that you forgot that you need to prepare for the next sacrafice...human that is....
    Anonymous

• put a note on your door saying : Please, I do not want to change my religion. I have no respect for those who tries to pressure you into what they believe. Or just don't answer the door. Or you can simply keep them away by putting a fake note on the door (that you know they will read) saying, "Hey (so and so), I won't be home until 5:30pm, so that's when we can do the big spell and sacrafice the chicken with all the good things when the moon is full! See you later!" ;p
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• call the church and tell the bishop you do not want the study and to please not come by again
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had to threaten to shoot them if they came on my property again. You need to call the local moron ...oops mormon church and tell them what you did and cancel it. They are like roaches. They will show up by the millions at your house if you don't stop it.
    Anonymous

• It's been a while since they've come to my door. If I have time the next time they come, I may tell them that I've been wanting to have an interesting religious discussion and that I have some great Christian apologetics materials and books to show them when it's my turn.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011