35 weeks along now w/ babe number 3.. why am I getting nervous?

I have 2 little girls, and a step daughter.. so there are 3 little ones under the age of 5 here(: Im a stay at home mom.. i love it... but it is very hard!

Anyway, its our first boy! hubby says the last baby(: .. this pregnancy has been not so great.. have had many problems & been to the hospital many times for things.. and I finally hit 35 weeks a few days ago! Why am I getting so nervous about labor?? I've been induced both times.. and I plan to not be induced this time unless i have to be again.. so maybe thats why? I dunno.. Im trying to enjoy the end of my pregnancy, i love being pregnant, even though I am miserable... but Im so anxious for this little guy to be out!! I know its going to be chaos here................ but how do I get less nervous about labor? Im dreading it for sure.. my labors have both lasted days!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 7:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You are more aware than past times of what to expect; and about what can go wrong. It sounds like you've already had some troubles with the pregnancy, so you may be expecting there to continue to be troubles. Try to relax. Take some time for yourself to meditate, do some deep breathing exercises, and be sure you're following your doctors orders. Being tense will be a hinderance rather than helping things along. Realize it is natural to feel the way you do, but realize that you can have control over fear whether it is rational or not. There is no reason to invite trouble before you have to. Just speak positively. Even hearing yourself speak it can help you believe it. I had a lot of fear with my second child. Not so much about the delivery, but whether I could handle having a baby in the house with such an active toddler. I actually broke down the day we brought him home, but things went fine. Hang in there & good luck.
    artsy_fartsy

Answer by artsy_fartsy at 8:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Mama, I am seriously in the same boat you are (with the exception of the stepdaughter). I am 35 weeks with my first son, nerves are kicking in. Been through this twice before with my 2 daughters so I don't understand why it's such a big deal for me this time around. I'm trying to chill myself out by doing projects around the house, spring cleaning, baking, redoing my daughters' bedroom. It helps to take my mind off it for a little while. I'm a c-section mom so it's not like I'm going to go through anything I haven't been through before. Oh, and it's our last baby too =) Hope things get better for you! Try to distract yourself!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• wow everything you described is totally me! I am a wreck, this is my 3rd and ive never went into labor on my own, always been induced because of issues, this time so far im doing great and it just feelis like its going slow and im anxious! like the pp above me said try doing things to take your mind off of it for a while!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 7:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Another mummy here who hears what you're saying! xxx I've got two year old twins and am 37wks with my third and I'm BRICKING it. I think if you've had bad experiences in the past, you assume this one will follow suit and you know EXACTLY what you're letting yourself in for.... but then if your experiences before were okay, you assume that you won't be so lucky third time around - probability dictates you're due a baddun!! So it's no win for your tired, addled brain, particularly as we've got little ones to care for and no pre-birth pampering like the first time!
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am about to go with my 4th....I did ok with the 3rd, but I am scared this time, and I dont know why!!! someone needs to help all of us!!! We know whats gonna happen and stuff, why are we scared! ahhh!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2011