My 5 month old weights 13 pounds 5oz and is in the 50 percentile but everyone saying she is to small

what do ya'll think

LilTiffanysmomm

Asked by LilTiffanysmomm at 7:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a good size baby to me
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• thanks
    LilTiffanysmomm

Comment by LilTiffanysmomm (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My DD at 5 months was like 9 or 10 pounds. lol. In fact she is 3 years now and not a whole lot bigger than yours at 26 pounds!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My dd is small too. She was 17lbs at 12 months. As long your doctor isn't too worried, don't worry about other people. She sounds perfect to me.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My oldest son was about that weight at 5 months. He is still skinny, but tall for his age. If she is in the 50th percentile, she is fine and don't worry about it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The 50th percentil is dead in the middle of the range..really thats where you want to be ideally.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about what others think as long as your doc doesn't see a problem. My baby was in the 85th for weight... she is a chubby girl. My 11 y/o was a chubby baby too but now she is skinny as can be.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The 50th percentile is dead on where your baby is suppose to be, it can't get more perfect then that. Don't listen to the people telling you she's to small unless they have a med degree and concerns for her health. She sounds perfect :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• shes 25 inches long and eats very good sometimes i dont know were it goes her daddy is a very skinny person so yeah
    LilTiffanysmomm

Comment by LilTiffanysmomm (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• As long as you and your doctor aren't worried ignore what others are telling you. BOTH of my kids; one boy, one girl are/have been in the 90-something percentile for height and weight. Try explaining to your 30lb 3 year old why you can't carry her for very long. Enjoy that she's "little", you'll be able to carry her for longer. :)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011