Itching...

I have been itching down there and I was wondering what this could indicate. I am 35 weeks along and I was wondering if it could be the baby's pressure down there since I dropped 2 weeks ago. A little discharge but nothing out of the normal. How do I get the itching to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You need to call your Dr you may have a yeast infection. The baby droping would not cause you to itch.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It is probably an infection. You can use monistat which is over the counter. It is safe to use during pregnancy and will relieve the itching quickly. Notify your doctor and he/she may want you to go in. Don't scratch it will make you raw and worsen. Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree with Lindsey24.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I wouldn't take anything until you talk to the doc. I have read warnings about using the OTC treatments for yeast infections while pregnant and that may not even be what you have. Plus sometimes just an increase in discharge can cause itching but isn't serious. Have the doc check it out. That's what they're there for! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree talk to you doctor my bet would be yeast or (my issue recently) "jock itch" aka fungus. Jock itch/athletes cream works wonders. That normally would be more on the sides in the crease between pelvis and thighs usually.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sounds like a yeast infection or something like that. You can't use otc creams, so I would see your doctor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008