Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have been itching down there and I was wondering what this could indicate. I am 35 weeks along and I was wondering if it could be the baby's pressure down there since I dropped 2 weeks ago. A little discharge but nothing out of the normal. How do I get the itching to stop?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • You need to call your Dr you may have a yeast infection. The baby droping would not cause you to itch.

    Answer by Lindsey24 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • It is probably an infection. You can use monistat which is over the counter. It is safe to use during pregnancy and will relieve the itching quickly. Notify your doctor and he/she may want you to go in. Don't scratch it will make you raw and worsen. Good luck!

    Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • I agree with Lindsey24.

    Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • I wouldn't take anything until you talk to the doc. I have read warnings about using the OTC treatments for yeast infections while pregnant and that may not even be what you have. Plus sometimes just an increase in discharge can cause itching but isn't serious. Have the doc check it out. That's what they're there for! Good luck!

    Answer by beckcorc at 12:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • I agree talk to you doctor my bet would be yeast or (my issue recently) "jock itch" aka fungus. Jock itch/athletes cream works wonders. That normally would be more on the sides in the crease between pelvis and thighs usually.

    Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • Sounds like a yeast infection or something like that. You can't use otc creams, so I would see your doctor.

    Answer by reflect1light at 1:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
whats up with this?