I think I want to get breast implants

Question for anyone who has them.... Any advice?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I got them last April. There is an awesome group here on CM dedicated to this topic.
    I researched Plastic Surgeons in my area, then interviewed several of them before choosing the one I went with. Don't let $$ be your deciding factor. Meet them, his staff, make sure they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
    Do your research to decide if you want silicone or saline. I went with the Mentor Silicone implants and am happy with them. 500cc's. Most go under the muscle. Find out if you will need a lift or not. (due to pregnancy, etc.)
    I couldn't drive for 2 weeks I think it was. Couldn't lift for a couple of months. Wore a compression garment 24/7 for 2 weeks, then at night for 2 weeks.
    PM me if you want and I will give you the name of the group here on CM. They have alot of helpful advice and info..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• love them! I would definitly do it again -- and again-- and again:-) Best investment I ever made! :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't have them, but from what I have heard, it is REALLY important that you see some examples of the doctor's work. They all have their signature look, and you will find that you like some and don't like others. There also is doctor skill involved.
    Also, don't let them convince you up a size. My friends who have fallen for this feel like they are too big and they don't like it. Stand your ground.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Never had them, here's a bump for ya!
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• if you can afford it go for it . I am satisfied with my 34B soo check the best recomendation doctor and be carefull luck.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011