Croup

So my daughter got Diagnosed with croup today but I can't get her to eat. I've asked Her what she wants she'll tell me Toast or cereal or crackers so I'll get it and she'll push it away. She's Literaly hasn't eaten all day. Any ideas on what to do?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 8:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything she can take in will be good because it will probably be a long night for you two. Pediasure is always good, and kids love it. Either that or ice cream or shake. SHe needs to stay hydrated, so just try to get something in her belly for now.

ANd, you know about the steamy bathroom or cold air for 20 minutes for night fits, right?

Oh good luck. Hugs. (We just went through that over here and wound up needing oral steroids for my son to catch his breath. Oh . . . so hard.)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If she isn't hungry I wouldn't push it. Make sure she is drinking enough though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yeah the doctor told up all those I'll try some pediasure thank you
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• try cold fruit baby food. My DD2 loves it and it was about the only thing she would eat when she had it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Dont worry about food make sure she is drinking or popsicles. It can be painful My son ended up having to to the er because the oral steriods didnt work. We spent two nights there, Croup is a very scary mommy, crying makes it worst. Hopefully it wont be as bad as my son's croup. If she is really having trouble breathing go straight to the er.
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Don't worry about eating right now. Just worry about getting drinks into her.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Pedialyte. Popsicles. Frozen Go-Gurt makes good, healthy popsicles.

The biggest thing is to keep her hydrated. Even if she doesn't want to eat, she needs to be drinking something. Even Gatorade is good for her at this point.

She'll be okay mama, just let it run its course.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011