Do you take your toddler to upscale restaurants?

If you have, did it go well? Or is that when you spring for the babysitter?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ~*Yes*~... as long as it isn't a date between hubby and I... YES!!! ur children learn how to act/react, treat others, and future relationships from "us"... our children are well behaved, and we remind them to be "Gentle Bears" (gentlemen)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No, anything that requires no jeans and offers valet parking shouldn't have children around, mine or anyone elses. Children that young can't sit for long periods of time and are louder then the environment warrants just because of their age. I have no problem what so ever going to applebees or T.G.I.F's, or Chili's and seeing a child act up, or even be removed temporarily from the table. I just think "awe, poor mom" and move on. But if I'm really dressed up, paying 50 dollars a plate for my meal, I do not expect to see children, and I get annoyed if I do. If I'm paying that much for my meal I'm making a point to have an adult evening and I don't want to be bothered by other people's children.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Only Chili's or TGI Fridays. If its a more upscale than that - NO
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it's way too much to ask of a child to sit still while adults enjoy a full course meal at that age. A babysitter, junk food and a Disney movie always did much more for my kids.
    Even as they are growing I ask and they decline dinner and party invites whenever possible when it means dressing up, sitting for a length of time, or eating food they don't like. I never assume they want to go.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I take him to some restaurants, but not upscale ones. We go to buffets and such - kid friendly places. He's gone to Olive Gardedn and Red Lobster, and did pretty well. I wouldn't take him somewhere really fancy.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Hell no. I wouldn't want to take away from the other diners' experience. I would expect the same respect.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• As long as they are very noisy, my DD2 does ok, if it's not too long of a meal. If it's a quiet restaurant, she won't do well at all.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've taken my baby/toddler to a japanese steakhouse. I wouldn't go more upscale than that.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've taken my toddler to Chili's and we sit through a meal...hooray for crayons! Buffets were our usual route and I guess that's not upscale lol...if we have to wait an hour for food...we don't try to take any of the kids to it. We have taken them to restaurants off base in Japan and we're just considered American so they look the other way lol, but my kids aren't "disruptive."
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm a single mom, so chances are, wherever I go, my 4 y/o goes w/ me.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011