Should I get my 7 month old daughters ears pierced?

I have heard good things about getting them done early and waiting to get them done.

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• absolutely!!!!!! i got my daughters done at 4 months! its soooo much easier!! they wont fiddle around with them. cant pull and tug at them..some ppl say wait til they are older so they can make that decision..well...my idea is..if she DOESNT want them she can take them out! LOL much easier that way!! but i would definetley go and get them done!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Personally, I think it's best to do it when she wants it done, and understands what will be happening. Regardless of my personal feelings, I urge you to go (at ANY age) to a licensed piercer that uses a needle rather then a gun. I'm also not comfortable with any place that requires proof of immunization.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• IMO, its cruel
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I, personally, would not. But it's your choice.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Personally, we're waiting until she is old enough to ask to have it done and take care of them herself. So maybe 10 or so? Somewhere around there. And she will have it done by a needle, not a gun.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's your decision, but it wouldn't be my personal choice. I let my daughter get hers done when she was 10 and able to care for them herself.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That's up to you, mom!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ohh and she literally only cried for 5 seconds...and i honestly believe it was because there were 2 strangers surrounding her! (make sure you get 2 ppl..one for each ear and have them do it at the same time
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Sure, when she is old enough to get them herself. There is absolutely nothing about getting holes put in your body for cosmetic reasons that is a need - or really even a positive. And there ARE dangers to having them done early... Children who have them done as babies are more likely to have painful scar tissue, allergies to metals and infections. And because most professional piercers won't do an infant most people use a gun, which carries the risk of HIV and other blood transmitted infections... Personally, I don't see how anyone but the person who owns the ears should get to say it's worth the risk!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011