Itchy skin?

The skin on my belly and breasts have been so itchy! It's not the normal dry skin either. I'm only 19 weeks. Isn't it king of early for my skin to itch because of stretching? I know the baby is still down low and it's my upper belly that is so itchy. I've been loading on the body cream but seriously I have scratch marks on my belly from scratching! LOL

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you have anything that looks like hives on you?
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Nope no hives
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Itchy skin can be a sign of a rare liver issue in pregnancy cholestasis but that is typically in late pregnancy. That being said I had off days where I was so so itchy for absolutely no reason lol.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Good I had PUPP once and that was awful. Look into getting some unsented foot cream it tends to be thicker and helps a little bit more. Regular body cream is really thin.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• try Aveeno...........I think its the label with royal blue on it........its specially for extra dry and itchy skin......they also have abody wash so you can "double team" your itchy skin.......or Eucerin calming cream (I havent tried this one). Or if you have switched laundry soap or dryer sheets or anything like that lately-either switch back or try rinsing all your clothes one or two times before puting them in the dryer............if none of that works, talk to your doctor. Oh, and if you swim a lot like at the gym or something, you could be reacting to a pool chemical-that has also happened to me :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Its your hormones changing plus all the streching. I had terrible itching wiht my first daughter when I was like 8 weeks pregnant.......plus it was the middle of the winter so that doesnt help. Just use moisturizer and try not to over shower(that dries skin) also try a humidifier in your house that may help too.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008