I'm a student in school. I just had a miscarriage so I'd like to know if I can go back in 2 days or do I have to wait longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• Did you have surgery or did you miscarry on your own? Either way, I'd give yourself until Monday to return to school. It's easy to overdo it and not realize it until the next day when bleeding picks up. I've had 2 D & Cs and the first one I had surgery on Tues and was back to work on Thurs. The 2nd one, I had surgery on Weds and waited till Monday to go back to work.

I've never miscarried on my own, so I can't speak from that experience. But I'd say just for the mental health of it, give yourself the time until Monday. I'm so sorry for your loss...
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh, I am sorry. I agree with the previous post . . give yourself some time to heal. I think I was out of commission for a week or so with mine . . . I was 12 weeks along.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It all depends on how you feel. If you feel like you can go back, go back. Just be ready to take it easy and not over due it.
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You should be able to go back unless a Dr instructed you otherwise.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011