relationships and holidays

With the holidays coming up, I am noticing a lot of my friends relationships, as well as my own, is struggling. I am wondering how the holidays affect your marriages/relationships...does it bring you adn SO closer together or push you apart?

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 12:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Brings us closer, I love being able to have my husband for the extra days that his company closes for the holidays =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We don't celebrate holidays like others do. We don't buy gifts but we spend time together if schedules permit. The only way anything would affect it for me is if he forgot my birthday. Then heads would roll! I don't want a material gift. I just want him to remember...ok, and then give me the birthday sex!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Holidays can be stressful here and we rarely go to family functions together because 1) he is anti-social. 2) he has a little language barrier with my family 3) we have a daughter with autism who can well not enjoy such functions so she usually stays home with him while I take our other 2 kids so it works out that he would rather stay home anyway ya know. But other then that holidays are the same as everyday for the most part.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• This will be the second Christmas with my boyfriend. We are definitely closer. This year, we will be sending Christmas Cards that are from us as a couple! And I will be illustrating the image on the card for us. Fun.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• After we get done fighting about the decorations and the tree...all is well.
    Anonymous