Do you feel like the more you do for people the less they do for you?

Like when you do a lot for friends, talking to them, remembering them on their birthdays etc. it seems like they do less for you the closer they are to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Yurp!!! And I have slowly but surely stopped, not because I expect things in return, but I am exhausted doing for others and giving so much time and effort to feel lonely when I shouldnt!! I am actually much happier..well getting there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes -- and so I divorced him:-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Some ppl are like that but for the most ppl I seem to be around ppl who do a lot for me in return.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yeah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ~*Unfortunately*~... which is why I stoped hanging around people I consider "fake", I sit back, watch... and I am now picky about who I allow into my life and close to me
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I used to have people like that in my life. But I realized that every relationship is a two way street. And if they aren't willing to put in the effort they expect from you, it's better to walk away
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My friends my answer would be No! they do as much for me as I do them, but people who I thought were friends proved me wrong, so that is why they are not friends anymore!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My in laws. Dh and I did everything we could to help them through a rough time. We shelled out about 5 grand last year to help them (we made 33,000 last year) between groceries and their other bills. We co- signed on a car for them, with the agreement that they would be paying payments and insurance, needless to say we made 75% of payments just so it wouldnt get reposessed in our name, which ended up to be about 2,500. Once we told them that we can no longer make their car payments and continuosly to give them money, they stopped calling us and inviting us over to their house, we now talk to them about once a month.
    Anonymous

• yes and i have found that the more I do for ppl, the more they take advantage of me. :(
    AngelLoverMom

Answer by AngelLoverMom at 10:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• They are too used to you doing it all ...stop and see when they notice you.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011