Anyone heard of ovulating twice in one month

I am feeling inquisitive today...

This month I had a "double peak" and so I wondered if that meant I ovulated twice. Everything I read said that no, if you double peak that means you didn't really ovulate the first time. So cool, that answers that question.

Then I found THIS article: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3927-women-can-ovulate-more-than-once-a-month.html

What do you ladies think of that?

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have only heard of this happening in my friend Dee. She was suppose to be a twin and ended up with two uterus' somehow.

Good luck ttc!!!
    Anonymous

• I was going to be put on Clomid this month if I couldn't get pregnant on my own last fall (which I did, but then I m/c so we're TTC again) but to answer your question, my OB was going to put me on Clomid as it enables you to ovulate more than once in a given month.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes it happens. It's how fraternal twins come into existence. Then there is superfetation, which is rare, but does occur.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've heard that some women can release more than 1 egg during ovulation. I think it's the ones who have history of twins in their families. My friend has a lot of twins in her family, then had twins herself, and was told she releases more than 1 egg so it's very possible that she could have multiples again.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011