Can wearing socks to bed cause athletes foot?

So I was talking to my ex and he asked me why my son wears socks to bed...i told him bc he feet are cold and he always has worn socks to bed plus if he says mommy can i have socks on my feet are cold...yeah, im going to give him some...then my ex said well that can cause athletes foot and bitched me out about this...i looked on the internet and i found no such thing, i googled it and then went to webmd....does any one have any other idea or whatever about sleeping with socks cause athletes foot??? Thank you....

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• I have never heard that. As long as they are clean socks...you should be good to go.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is a fungus, and the only way to get it is skin contact with the germ! Socks will probably keep him from getting it at your filthy exes house,,, lol,,,,,,honestly what a stupid comment, probably that is why he is your ex!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• ~*Nope*~... It is a fungus... that can be picked up walking barefoot... look it up on Web MD
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Unless he is going to bed with wet feet (bacteria love dark, moist places) then you have nothing to worry about. You should print him out info about athletes foot and send it over with him.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011