Baby Nightmares?

My daughter is 8 1/2 months old now and slept throught the night EVERY night since she was around 2 weeks. In the past week or so I hear her start whining in the early morning but she goes back to sleep. Mind you, the earliest she's ever woken up is 7:30 and this morning she was crying and sitting up in her crib at 4:30. Anyone ever experience this? Could she be having nightmares?

amyofthejungle

Asked by amyofthejungle at 12:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Definitely she could be, or she could be having tummy aches etc. Those would be the best bet :-). Consider yourself lucky really lol,... my son has done this since day one..
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I believe babies do have dreams and like us when we have nightmares it scares us. I have no clue how you can help her. Hopefully it will pass and she will be back to sleeping all night.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Also, we just lowered her crib, do you think she's having adjustment issues?
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• AWE! Mine does it too, wakes up shaking even! Poor thing! I hate it, it seems so sad! She's the happiest, healthiest baby - with a very mild home, I can't image what she would be fearful of? Unless it's just some sort of shock, like the money off the tree limb thing, the startling?
    Tirzah6

Answer by Tirzah6 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my 5 month old has night terrors which are the same thing except they dont wake up on their own from them.. i just hold her close to me rocking her and tell her everything is going to be fine and mamas here. usually she calms down after a few minutes.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008