Variations about BBT's prior to ovulation?

I am charting my BBT's every morning at 7 am and I do see a pattern so think I am pretty familiar with 'when' I 'could' be approaching ovulation and then, 'when' I have ovulated. My question is, can a spike in my temp by 1 degree possibly mean that ovulation is then pending in the next 24 hours? My temps stay up throughout my period, then tend to drop a bit, and then by CD 14, it goes up by a degree followed by temps that dropped by just 1/2 a degree or less and then staying there until just before AF arrives, when my temps usually go below my coverline.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 9:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Whenever you see the spike and your temps stay up (they may drop slightly, but are higher than before the spike), then the day before the spike is the day you ovulated.

The trick to charting to find the pattern of when you spike and know that most cycles, you will spike around the same day. 2 days before and after are your fertile times.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Everyone's patterns are different. That could be what it means for you, I don't know what the scientific reasoning behind it would be, though, if there is any. How many months have you noticed this? Consistency is key.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• This is my first month charting again and temping since my m/c January 1 of this year.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011