Tip the hair stylist...

Just curious, how much should you tip the hair stylist? I've always been curious but always forget to ask before I get my hair done. Anyway, I'm going to a new salon to get a trim, all over color and all over hightlights... gonna cost $140. So let's say she does horrible, no tip (right?) but what if she does a fair job how much is a fair tip, and then of course if she does awesome (fingers crossed!) I'll tip more than the fair/average tip amount.

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• 20 %--if she does a great job, coming from a hairstylist,, if she does bad, you shouldn't leave without speaking to someone, but I have a feeling if that is what she charges,, it is gonna be good, that is about what I charge, and trust me I bet she has experience and will get close to the scalp (longer for you to go in between highlights)!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I just got my hair trimmed and colored on Friday and it was $260 and I tipped 25%. Dh had his hair cut and colored yesterday, it was $140 and he tipped her 25% as well. We love our hairdresser so we always tip her well. In return she treats us good and will do us favors if we ever need one in a bind.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I got my hair done today! I got it cut, highlighted, styled and eyebrows colored for only $59 and she did an AWESOME job! I tipped $10. I hope that is enough!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If mine is 55, I give her $65.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I tip 20%

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes it depends on the work she made and the total cost of the stlye because if she give you a special you can tip her but if the work is very expensive you should decide i you are satisfied with your order.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• 15 to 20 percent.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no more than $10
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011