Is it normal to feel like you're getting the wind knocked out of you?

Holy smokes! I'm 29 weeks and this baby is really active. She's actually slowed down a little in the past week or so but now when she does move, it's these HUGE movements that catch me off guard and sometimes take my breath away.

With our first child I weighed 350+ lbs. Now I'm about 220. Could that be the issue here? Geez! She just did it again! lol *deep breath*

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 9:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• right now, im getting huge kicks! i jump though when it happens and people look at me crazy
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 7:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yeah ur fine! my dd would knock the wind out of me all the time!!! it was embarrassing at work tho lol!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• this is my first baby and im about 338 now and 34 weeks...i felt the same way when he would start moving more for a while cuz he would get right up in my ribs and it would be like he was squeezing my lungs with his legs..when it happens just try to massage the area the baby is in and see if you can get her to move away from your lung area and move down..it may or may not work but if it does you will so happy to be able to breath again i know how you feel
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011