So very lonely!

About 6 months ago we moved country for my husbands work. I have 2 boys at school and am a sahm for my 20 month old daughter. Although we are in a nice area I have found it so hard to meet other moms. Most work full time, and the playgroups are far and few between, aswell as booked up for the next 6 months. I take my dd to the playgrounds everyday, but we are always the only ones there. I feel so disconnected, and the thought of my dh contract not finishing for another 2 years fills me with dread. I feel more and more depressed everyday. Im normally a very optimistic person, and was determined to make this work, but I really am running out of steam now.
Has this happened to anyone else before? When does it get easier? Any advice welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• gosh, I don't know, I sympathize with you though, I am an older mom who works full time, and all my friends have kids that are grown or teenagers, I have a hard time connecting with my son's class mates mothers,, I feel like a working, washing, cleaning, laundry person, and am lonely for friends as well,,, I will say a prayer for you, and hope that you can meet someone,, I do have a couple of new friends and my son's swimming lessons, but have not had the nerve to ask them for playdate or out for cocktails.. good luck and hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That was the story of my life. I was lonely, alone at the park, never met any nice moms even at playgroup. I eventually gave up and learned to be content with just my kids.
    I wish you the best in your friend search.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• you should try going to church on the weekends. you can meet other moms there.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Moving sucks -it usually takes me at least 2 years to make any friends and then we end up moving again. I really don't have any advice- maybe try to get a part time job so you can meet more people? Although that is no guarantee either
    *hug*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Awww, I know what you mean. I go thru the same thing. I feel disconnected from ppl even tho I am a ppl person. I love being around them. But I am also the type of person to just go up to ppl just to say hi and sometimes the conversation keeps going and im able to visit with an adult while my kids are playing. But I really do know what you mean. It can be hard to be in the situation that you are in. I hope that you are able to find other mothers to go to the park with.
    AngelLoverMom

Answer by AngelLoverMom at 9:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I moved to this area 5 years ago and still haven't made any friends and have no way to contact other people. I usually take the girls to the park and chat with moms there.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Moved states our out of the country? Can you meet anyone at a coffee shop or at any sort of "class" that you can do with your child? Sometimes you meet like minded people there....when the kids are in elementary school, it makes a huge difference. You meet a ton of parents, like it or not. Good luck, hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I havve always been this way and I never moved. I am just shy and I really dont often approach people. Maybe it gives off a vibe?
    Good luck! I would try church too people seem to be friendly at least at my church
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011