Getting married by a magistrate?

If you got married by a magistrate at the courthouse/magistrate office what was the ceremony like? did you take pictures? why did you choose to do it that way?

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• No pictures, two witnesses, no ceremony. They offered to do a ceremony but I had no interest in it. I just wanted to sign the papers. I really don't understand weddings. I don't feel any less married!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We went to JOP because we were broke college students with a one year old lol. Our ceremony sucked. They man spoke super fast and didnt even say "You may Kiss your Bride". I didnt even realize he hadnt said it until we walked out. Our witnesses took pictures which was his cousin and girlfriend. I'm glad we got married when we did but I still wish I had the real thing. Never wore a wedding dress :(
    jwhite83

Answer by jwhite83 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• we went to the JOP because we did not have a lot of money. and Hubby wanted to marry me sooner then the date we had planned it was beautiful , we had my mom and dad and my cousin in law. We had candles lit and a fireplace and we took pictures but i have them put away somewhere because of living with others. But it was the most beautiful thing we were nervous. he was afraid his ex girlfriend would show but she did not but the other ex happened to be there paying child support but what was creepy was coming out and seeing the orange jumpsuits going into court.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011