Waening! HELP!???...

My baby is 11 mo. old, and I'm beginning the weaning process. She still will nurse about eight times a day if I let her! I'm trying to cut down to three, I've started a huge new job. OK, question: I've got to start substituting b.milk for other things, what would be best, still fatty in a good way & not loaded with sugar? I've been doing 1/2 water, 1/2 juice - or 1/2 water, 1/2 rice milk....but I know she needs more fat than that? I'm kind of anti cows milk for health, allergy, and corporate reasons. Any other suggestions????

Tirzah6

Asked by Tirzah6 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• More fatty foods? like avocados? Try coating fruits with wheat germ, ground flax seeds? that gets more in there. Potato milk has more fat then rice milk for sure or almond milk?
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You can nurse mornings, evenings and weekends and just not pump at work if that is the issue. Juice is entirely unnecessary, as is rice or cow's milk. Your milk however is needed.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Avocados are great for good fat. What I plan on doing is pumping for awhile and giving my son breastmilk in a sippy cup.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008