Principal Health can no longer offer health care to businesses. Thanks Obama!

Got a memo at work stating as of today, Obama has stopped Principal from selling health care to businesses, now we have a meeting next week to find out who our new administrative carrier will be. Everyones concerned our health care premium will go up. Has anyone heard of any other companys that can no longer sell health insurance?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Who are these 75%? Really? I've never in my life been happy with any insurance package I've had, and I've never known ANYONE who didn't say, "It's better than not having anything at all."

***

Pick your source:

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• There is no COLA because there is no inflation, don't you realize that? I mean, it's just my imagination that I am paying more for bread, eggs, and milk! The cost of beef just went through the roof, because there is no feed for beef, they aren't raising them! So hamburger is up to $3.00 a pound, but there is no inflation. The price of gas has gone up .50 in the past two months, but there is no inflation. So that is why we have no COLA-there ain't no damned inflation!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Insurers are not responding to the new law and its expensive new mandates solely by raising premiums. Some are dropping out of insurance markets altogether.

Late last month, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care announced that it will stop providing Medicare Advantage insurance policies at the end of the year, forcing 22,000 senior citizens in New England to find some other way to pay for health benefits those policies covered. Harvard Pilgrim's hand was forced, a company spokesman said, by the "cuts in Medicare . . . being used to fund national health care reform.

It's just the beginning. Got to love them fu*&ing progressives.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Wait a minute!! Didn't Obama repeatedly say, "if you were happy with your health insurance (as 75% + of those of us with private insurance are!) you could KEEP it"?!?!? Do you mean he LIED (again)!!?!?!?!?!

I seem to recall many Obama Mamas on here saying the same thing!! Where are they now?!?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sorry, OP, we are with a different ins. co. but our h/c ins. costs increased considerably. Obama said that we could keep the plan that we currently had, well, you can't, if it's no longer offered...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Our HR lady chose Unifed for us. A lot of things stayed the same put our deductible doubled. It didn't cost more per check, or per copay. But our ER visit doubled. To go to immediate care now, which used to be just $25 is now $50.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Um aren't they engineering inflation right now?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Health insurance companies likely to break profit records for 2010

And you don't find it strange that this was allowed to happen? Just like the CC companies were allowed to raise their rates before the new
    law went into effect? Obama was doing these big companies a favor by not instituting an immediate freeze. He is in bed with these big companies and they have his blessing for whatever happens before 2014.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That was my insurance comapny too :( we just had to switch and it stinks
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• what did the memo actually say?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011