If your 7 year old made themselves throw up to prove a point..

would you make them clean it up? She was shouting at me and saying that she would not eat her cauliflower as she didn't like it, I said take a few bites so she put one piece into her mouth and pushed her fingers in really far, obviously making herself sick and then shouted "ha". Would you have made her clean it up? because me and husband disagree.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 12:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Honestly? Yes, I would. When my kids throw up b/c they are genuinely sick, I will clean it up. But to deliberately make themselves throw up b/c you're making them eat something, to me that is nothing more than a tantrum, and I'd make my son clean it up. Heck, I'd make my 5 yr old clean it up if he did that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yes I would make her clean it up...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Thank you, seriously I shall show my husband these answers, but then again she is a daddy's girl.. and I always have to enforce the discipline :S.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008