Is going for a Business Administration degree at good choice?

I have been thinking about going back to school to get my degree in Business Adminstration. Is this a good choice? I would hate to spend the next few years working towards this degree and not be able to do anything with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• People with business degrees are a dime a dozen right now. 10 years ago, everyone was getting a business degree, because you'll "always be able to work with a business degree". I would take some other classes and figure out if another field interests you. Try classes that have interested you in the past. What do you want to get into?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can probably go to your local college and sit down with an academic advisor and take some kind of career testing to give you ideas, too. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I disagree with the first poster. From what I have seen lately, this is still a degree in high demand with employers. You can always minor in a related field if you want to narrow your career choices.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i say go for it if that is what interests you. it is always better to have a degree.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 1:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It depends on your career goals. Have a couple of informational interviews with people at your "dream company" or in your "dream role".

If you are looking strictly at employability, I would recommend an accounting degree or an IT degree.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011