I need my almost 3 year old son to stop sharing his pee pee with his siblings. How????

My son is almost 3 and he shares his peepee with his older and now younger sister, I discipline accordingly and explain to them that they are not to share their peepees with anyone. I can NOT handle this problem at all. It freaks me out. Does he go for counselling> Do I take him somwhere else. How do I get him to stop this. It FREAKS me out!!!!!!!Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hes 3 hes curiouse and really doesnt understand hes doing anything wrong. Just keep telling him its not ok to show his peepee to any one becuz they are private and for him only to see. soon he will get it. make sure no one is showing him there peepee. if hes in daycare or something he could be picking it up else where.
    Anonymous

• Same as previous poster. The body is natrual to them and not disgusting or sexual in any way. He thinks it's a neat body part and wants to share. Right now my daughter is waaaay into her belly botton. Give him time, he'll get over it. Try to ignore it if it's just at home. The bigger the reaction, the more he's going to want to do it. It's also a good time to talk to him about who should see it and who shouldn't and that only certain people should be allowed to touch it and that sorta thing.
    Anonymous

• Honey don't feel bad, my 2yr old daughter thinks it's cool to run around with no clothes. I work from home and care for my sisters 2 kids. Soon as I let them in the room and leave to put a coat up or make a snack, I come back and my child is laughing and running nude. My only opinion is kids will be curious kids. Just pull him aside, explain what he did wrong and place in timeout. My child hates timeout so the nude races aren't happening as often anymore.
    Anonymous