My 24 year old daughter tested positive for meth as well as her newborn she was

living with me I have a 3 year old dwi she has entered rehab they have put the baby in temp foster care. cps is wanting her to live on her on after she completes treatment in a homeless shelter they are trying to force a program called drug court on her. They refuse to place the baby with me.Our court appointed atty. is on the board of this drug court program and has been dishonest with what should we do my daughter has never been in any legal trouble before. This is her only child and our family has no prior cps or any child endangerment cases. We even have relatives with perfect records that live 200 miles we are in Dallas they are in San Antonio and cps  is still pushing to leave our baby with strangers in foster care. This program she entered on her own allows mothers to be with there babies yet they are not allowing her this option and there are mothers that have done worse than her and they have their babies.

dwoo

Asked by dwoo at 11:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there's anything you can do, if you have a DWI. Hopefully, your daughter can get her priorities straightened out, and your grandchild. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Can you get a new attorney?? I can't believe they won't place the baby with you-good luck!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Im sorry I hope the baby can be placed with you
    ELeigh0714

Answer by ELeigh0714 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... sounds a little like the "Dr. PhilFamily", with Alexandra? Hang tight, have faith, and keep fighting for that baby?!?!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I hope you can find an new attorney. As a grandma who has had custody and ultimately adopted 2 grandkids I can tell you it is very hard. The DWi is really going to weigh heavy with the courts. In fact my exDILs mother had one that was 9 years old. She wanted to fight us for custody. The ruled her unacceptable after 2 hearings. I wish I had more positive news for you. Good Luck and God bless.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Has she been in trouble with the law previously to this time in question? If so, I don't know what to tell you there. But, as far as the newborn goes, get another attorney that can actually help you keep this child in your home. It's the only way it's going to happen.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• What is the atty lying about. Maybe youb could do some resarch and find a more suitable program for your daughter.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 12:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• State usually grants the grandparents or any relative at that custody..there must be something else so look into really good..Good luck!! Hope that precious baby gets into loving hands!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• From what I understand from a friend of mine who use to work for CPS In the San Antonio area Drug Court isn't an option. Being positive for Meth as a mother is a drug offense and the baby testing positive would be child endangerment and neglect... yes even being born that way. Since she was living with you they may not think it the best idea to give you the baby. Talk to the case worker and find out why you or other family members can't have the baby. Good Luck!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 10:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Can you request a new attorney, take some sort of parenting course through the state to prove you are serious about your Grandchild or get another relative to take custody and help out?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011