How can I explain to my husband the damaged he is creating on my child?

I got remarried 3 yrs ago,I have a child he is 13 , my husband have another child he is also 13. The issue I am having is that my stepson gets anything he wants, let me explain. Right now we have a plasma tv in our bedroom 36 inches and my husband wants to give it to his son who spends 50% of the time with us. My son has a 19 inches lcd tv and I dont think is fair that his son gets the big tv. His son is
in Private School and mine is not. My son thinks is not fair that he has a
little tv and my stepson is getting the big one. Sometimes my husband does not
treat my son good, the way he talks to him is not the same way he talks to his
son. Please help me SOS, I want to try to save my marriage. But I am a mother
first, and my son feels less...I am worry. I

Chenell299

Asked by Chenell299 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• If he doesn't want to see that he is hurting your son, there may not be anything you can do. Honestly, private school/public school, to me, would not be an issue. The other stuff I can totally see where you are coming from, and you are right...it's not fair. And it's not a "not fair" that can be explained to help him see it's not his fault. I think the only thing that will help is family counseling, to help your hubby see what he is doing, and help your son's self esteem after being treated this way. If hubby won't go, then I guess you'd have to put your son first and tell hubby to take a hike, as much as you don't want to. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008