How do I get my four year old girl potty trained?

She was potty trained at about 2 years old except for at bedtime. Then when she was three years old she had lots of bladder infections. Then she needed to have surgery in her bladder area and has been having difficulty with potty training ever since. I recently took her to an urologist and he wasn't very helpful at all. She has had 3 bladder infections since her surgery. I just don't know what to do to help her anymore. I am very frustrated about it.

MamaCoco340

Asked by MamaCoco340 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you rules out if its a physical issue?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes. She had an ultrasound and it showed that her bladder, ureters and everything looks normal. I saw an urologist last Friday and he said that we just need to keep working on potty training- pull ups only at night. like we have been I want to get rid of pull ups all together but she wets three times a night. I am concerned that she will no be potty trained in time for kindergarten. It is going a little better, but she still has a least 2-3 poop or pee or both a day. She does better at headstart then gets home and has accident. I have used charts and I try not to make a big deal about it but it is so frustrating and she picks up on my frustration.
    MamaCoco340

Comment by MamaCoco340 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2011