How many of you are army wives, and, or stay at home moms?

Just curious to know how many sahm's there are out there. Along with how many army wives are sahm's? And how do you make it work? My husband just left recently for training, and the stress of him being gone, raising my 2 year old, keeping up with a house, and working is beginning to be extremely over whelming on me.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 11:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• ~*SAHM*~... right here!!! And proud of it....
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm a stay at home mom. My husband is not in the army but he does work about 80 hours a week.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• So how do you ladies make it work? I want so badly to stay at home with my baby boy, especially now with my hubby gone. His absence has been hard on him, and he acts like I am going to abandon him when ever I work. But we just can't afford for me to quit.
    ashtonjames

Comment by ashtonjames (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm a SAHM, but not an army wife. We're fortunate that my husband makes enough so that I can comfortably stay home. However, he works a LOT and has a very demanding career. That can be tough sometimes.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and I love it! Enjoy the time you have to spend with your precious little one,they grow up so fast.You are Blessed!
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I know what you mean. I'm a SAHM and army wife. I have three children and I'm about to start homeschooling one of them all while obtaining a master's. That way when they get to be school aged I can pursue a career. Hopefully!
    jwhite83

Answer by jwhite83 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well I am a SAHM and a Navy wife :) My husband started as an E3 and I have stayed home the whole time. You can make it work if you are financially smart about it. Did he just leave for basic? Or training for a deployment?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sahm
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am a sahm going to school part time & getting ready to go to work real soon after I graduate. Super fun...
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 1:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• As I said, my husband works a lot and it is in a career where there is financial stability and opportunity for advancement. I have my bachelors if I ever needed to work outside the house but I am fortunate and lucky for this opportunity to stay home with my son. I might work part time for myself when he gets old enough to go to school but only the hours when he is in school. I feel I must mention staying at home is not easy either. At work you get brakes, don't always have to give it your all, are not the only one responsible for everything. It takes a strong person who does what needs to be done for the family whether it be work or staying at home.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2011