What do you think about this?

In ohio a women got arrested and thrown in jail because she used her father's address to get her kids into a better school and fined with a fine of 30,000 dls the school hired a private investigator and spent $6,000 to see if the address belonged to her or to her dad, she lives in a poor area and the school there was in a very low rank also she is a single mom that was 3 months away of getting a degree to become a teacher and now with a felony on her record that is out of the question. The school said that race had nothing to do with it but to me is very suspicious that a school where the population is 80 % white makes such effort to follow up on 2 students? Also do you think that this school wanted to make an example of her to deter other parents from doing the same?

Ps in california the school were i lived got an score of 23 out of 26 points and just because of that I got a letter letting me know that I could sent my DD to another school with a higher rate and all that i had to do is sing a form that was attached to the letter so....what is going on over there? I think is crazy

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in

• I'm sure that they were probably racist because you said that the school was 80% white. They didn't consider the fact of how much it costs to look into it, now court fees and the time used in the courtroom will be at the tax payers expense. I'm sure that people do this all the time, so why did they just so happen to choose them to be the example? It just gets me, every state is talking about how to cut education expenses, and I don't exactly think that this falls under that category.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is an absolute shame that parents have to go to levels like the mother in Ohio to send their kids to a "good" school. All of the schools in this country shoud be above average. I could talk about this issue for hours but I will say this, I think the real crime is that the school district she lives in had bad schools and she had to "sneak" her daughters into the other district. That is the real crime!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 11:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• someone turned them in.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think so too but does not that looks like.. poor people stay in your dam neighborhoods? how is she going to come up with 30,000 for the fine? I she had that kind of money she probably would have sent her kids to a private school so I think that they rather to have kids dropping out from school and become gang bangers that would be cheaper that in 15 yrs from now the state is going to be housing them in jail for who knows how many years?
    gou18

Comment by gou18 (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think jail time was extreme, but she did break the law. She works for a school district that she felt wasn't good enough for her daughter, but had no problem working there makes me scratch my head.

They recently released phone calls from jail between her father, and mother. She wanted this publicity, and wants to get paid from it, even had AL Sharpton come here, and hoping to get on Oprah. Paleez. I had sympathy for her till this new stuff came out. I would look for the links, but have to go for now.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yes its crazy
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Well technically she did commit fraud, she falsified documents. And there are many teachers who will work in a district but want better for their children. My mom has taught for a school district for almost 30 years she refused to send me and my 2 brothers to the district, paying for private school until we moved and then sending us to the district we lived in while still keeping her same job. There's nothing suspicious about this, she enjoys working the the sp. ed. department, and has massive seniority, but that doesn't change the fact the district has been in academic failure for almost 5 years, and she wanted better for us and our education. My son now has to go to the district she works in and she's offering to help pay for private education so I don't have to send him, because its not a good school system. And here (Ohio) you can not transfer to a different district, there's no form that can be signed, you're just screwed
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It sounds like some one turned her in. When that happens, they have to investigate. It is a crime.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2011