Anyone else having to compete with materialistic things?

I feel like I mean nothing to my husband except for when it is convenient. I am finding myself having to compete with motorcycles, cars and electronics. Nothing is ever good enough for him and he always wants more. He can't save money to save his life and the constant frustration and battling is tiring. I am finding myself lonely but at the same time I also am a fighter so I am hanging outwith my friends more but it is a sad thing to know that it is because my home life sucks!

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• No, but I can tell you one thing. Usually when someone feels the need for a lot of materialistic things, it's because they feel like something is missing in another area of their life. I'm happy, but my husband works a lot and I shop out of boredom and loneliness a lot of the time. He doesn't complain bc he knows I'm alone a lot. I'd talk with him and find out why he feels the need for all of these things.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• we talk..its always about him and how bored he is even though we have three children, just bought our first house, he has two dogs he has always wanted but i deal with, doesn't want me to work and so on. To me it is selfishness to the core
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had that some problem with my ex husband...
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011