Potty trained

Little back story. Shortly after DS turned 2 (July 2010) we started potty training. Started rocky as an new thing. However by Jan of this year he is (was) fully potty trained.

Ok, Up to date. Since about midweek last week he has started peeing himself again during the day, he's still dry overnight. This just past weekend he spent away from home with my mom and his older brother (fanilly had a date with S/O). My mom and from what my oldest remeber he didn't pee in pants at grandma's.
Mon we went though 5 pairs of underwearYesterday we went though 4 pairs of underwear, today we went though 3.
I had just asked him if he needed to potty said no, I kept asking every 5 minutes or so. Kept saying no. As I was getting more drink he came running to me saying pee, he had peed.

Its like he's being lazy and just not caring anymore.
Question

Why would he be going backwards? It's driving me nuts. How can I get him back on track.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's very normal, and most kids seem to experience the 'set back' after pt success. It is training, so, he's doing pretty awesome!! You too, mom! :o)
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my daughter is the same way, she is now starting to tell me again when she has to go potty but i had to set up a reward system when she did go pee/poop in the potty she would get a sticker to put on her sticker page, it seems to be very effective....she rarely has anymore accidents. Good luck
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 10:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011