Despite all the bad things that go on in our world,

do you think that there are people that still are good? Why?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• ..there will always be good people in this world. we can only do our best to be one of them.. make damn sure we raise our kids to be the same.. and try to be compassionate towards those who arent.
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 7:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well of course! I think I am a good person! And for the most part my family are good people. Everyone has some good in them, but sometimes it is easier for the bad to come out!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes, absolutely! Inevitably there is going to be suffering and 'bad' things in the world. There always has been. Ultimately, though, I think that most people are good people. Human beings have the capacity to do bad things, but we also have the capacity to do great things. I have never understood why some people take such a dim view of human nature, or why some faiths encourage us to think of mankind in this way. I really tend to be an optimist when it comes to people... we all have the ability to make choices. Therefore, we all have the capacity to make choices for good.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Absolutely. I know this because I'm related to some people who are genuinely good and kind. My parents, first and foremost. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Of course there are people that are still good. Are you a good person? Do you hang out with good people? There are a lot of good people, choosing to do good things and to have a positive outlook on life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes,there are and I am one of them!
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Of course I do. I am not a perfect person, but i am a good person. And I know many many genuinely good people. They are out there.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think in general terms most people are inherently good.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sure there are. It may not seem like it because the media never talks about good people doing good things. The news is all bad and depressing. That's why I rarely watch it. lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• People are people. We have hte capability for great evil, and wonderful goodness inside all of us.
    We aren't one or the other, we are a combination of all of our experiences, emotions and desires.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011