My husband hits me and my ex choked me.... adult content

Where do I go from here? Men in my life have really sucked. I have two kids, daughters, and they never see when we fight, but I know you can't hide things fron your kids.... with my hubby who likes to hit when he can't win an argument. My ex boyfriend said I should come back to this guy....WTF?
Someone please help me....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but I had an abusive ex-husband and nothing gets me more riled up than a chickenshit man beating up a woman. Please, you owe it to yourself and your precious daughters to get a restraining order and get away from him! You have to stand up for yourself and dd, and show these men you deserve respect!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You have to choose to help yourself. Find womens shelters in your area, ask family/friends for help. Start your life new, and work on you instead of being with someone else. You don't deserve to be treated that way and your daughters need you to show them how to be loved by a man, not abused. Rile up that strength inside of you and get out of that situation for good!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You should call a domestic violence shelter and ask what they can do for you. For right now, let the hubby win an argument so he won't hit you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Call the police! That's assault! Do you really want to be with this jerk-off and expose this kind of behavior to them? Do you have family? I'd have the son-of-a-bitch arrested ASAP!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thaks so very much to everyone who responded. It's a hard thing to navigate, but you guy's have really great advice. I love you all!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You need to leave him. I know it's a lot easier said than done. your husband is abusive, unloving and inconsiderate.You are worth so much more than that. Your daughters deserve to have a good model of how a man is supposed to be and of how a healthy, functioning relationship works. Trust me hun, I've been in an abusive relationship before, and it doesn't get better, it just keeps getting worse until he breaks your spirit down so much that you no longer feel worthy and you have no energy or desire to fight for yourself because you believe you're don't deserve better. But you ARE worthy, as a woman and a mother there is no jewel on earth more precious than you. Please get out. Go to your family, friends, a local church...anywhere you can, as long as it's far from him. I'll keep you and your children in my prayers :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It's very hard anon, and can be very lonely and scary to wonder what and where will I go or do if I leave. But trust me, once you figure out a plan to leave this abuse, you'll be so proud of yourself and you'll have a very fulfilling life without fear. Hang in there, hugs!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• date a cop..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 12:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2011