I'VE HAD IT WITH MY TWO YRS OLD!!

ALRIGHT WELL THIS MORNING MY LOVELY SON GETS UP AT 8 AM THATS PRETTY NORMAL FOR HIM.. SO WERE SITTING HERE WATCHING BARNEY AND WHAT NOT AND THEN I GET ONLINE WERE IN THE SAME ROOM FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON HE GOES INTO THE FRIDGE PULLS OUT THE CAKE FROSTING AND STARTS TO PUT IT ON THE FLOOR.. I SAID OK.. PUT IT BACK.. MY HUBBY GETS UP AND MAKES HIM BREAKFEST.. SO HE EATS AND THEN HE SAYS MORE.. I WAS LIKE OK.. SO I GIVE HIM MORE.. WELL HE'S EXTREMLY QUIET THEN I LOOK BACK AND THEFOOD IS ALL OVER HIS HEAD! KETCHUP AND EGGS!! RAWR!! I AM OVERLY ANNOYED! I DONT KNO WHAT TO DO WITH HIM FOR HIM TO STOP BEING SO BAD, I TRIED THE TIME OUT I TRIED IGNORING HIM, I TRIED GIVING HIM MORE ATTENTION.. I THINK I HAVE TRIED IT ALL.. WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY! WE EVEN TRIED SPANKING.. AND THAT MADE IT WORST.. WHAT WILL WORK?? HELP ME OUT HERE...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like my kid! In the case of food you just have to keep watch.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sounds like a two year old. Or a three year old for that matter.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My 3 yr old son is the same way .......... Patience is my only advice
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Take away all of his favorite toys one by one each time he acts up. That works for a while. After that stops working do what I do with my 2yr old now. When you put him in timeout make sure it's on the potty, give him 2/3 mins or longer to sit there. Stay near by to make sure he sticks to it and take out the tissue. Calmly and nicely explain what your demands are and what he will get out of it.(stickers, paint projects, bike riding etc). Right now it's working for me. If that doesn't work go back to the mommy and me time and get messy together. That way you show him it doesn't angry mommy to get dirty and he will probably move on to a different method of driving you crazy.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem with my daughter. she'll be two in feb. but it seems like her terrible twos are starting early. im at my wits end with her. It doesnt help that im preggers with my son, due in april.
    TyeLynn

Answer by TyeLynn at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i would also keep watch and when he seems to be done, then ask all done? my two year old does the same thing when the minute we are not paying attention, bang food on the floor. it is age appropriate and they need direction from what i understand.
    fieldwood

Answer by fieldwood at 2:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• first of all thank you for the great suggestions. and as to fieldwood, yeah well see when he's done he says done.. and puts it in the sink.. but for some odd reason as of late he wants to put the food on his head? why i dont know drives me nuts! :(

hello.. well my son is actually going to be two on the 29th of nov.. but his terrible twos started when he turned one. i'm just at my wits.. i took away all of his toys today and i put them up. and he cried and cried and i told him when he's good he's going to get them back until then you get nothing. he looked at me with puppy eyes and i was like yeah. you can keep doin that its not going to change a thing. so i left bout two toys out for him to play and thats it. and so far he's been pretty good today. i will try the potty the thing! :D thank you so much you guys are always have the best answers!! :D :D
    Anonymous