Family road trip

Brother is graduating from Marine boot camp in April and my family is planning to rent a car to drive down from WA to CA for the event. My mom, my grandfather, my sister and her 3 month old baby daughter, myself, and my 3 year old son, and my brother will all be heading back together after the graduation. My son and I are flying in from out of state. I am looking at rental vehicles and am trying to decided if we should get a minivan or a full size SUV. I know the minivan will be best on gas, but we're concerned about cargo space and comfort. Anyone have advice on the best choice?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 12:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Travel

• Well looking at the price of gas I'd say take the minivan. They're pretty spacious and comfortable, and there is room for baggage. I'd say at least 3 or 4 bags worth of space in the back.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Either one, SUV's are getting better on gas, especially after the 2009 ones. Are u using a travel site?? I have used 'priceline' quite bit going back on forth to florida. I had a last mintue flight down there when my mom passed away last october, and I got the ticket for, sit down wait fior it.....$213.30. They have that 'name your price' option, which is wonderfull. I got a rental for a week @12 a-day for a midsize. The only thing, barring any type of emergency, they are no refunds at all, no exchanges. Check it out, if u haven't. Have fun!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Visit the car rental place and tell how many people you want to fit and allow for cargo space. Maybe they have other options they can help you with.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think I would rent an SUV that has a place on top of the vehicle to put all luggage and such
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011