When did your baby start eating baby food?

My son is 8 months old and I've been trying to feed him solids, but he just scoffs at me and spits it out every time. I've been consistent, but it's not working. He just hates baby food. I have another 6 months before I have to go back to school, so I'm sure he'll eat more foods by then. But I'm just wondering if this is common, especially with BF babies.

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age, you can skip purees if you want to. Offer him soft, small foods that he can feed himself. He might be more interested. I started DD on solids about 5 1/2 mos, simply because I didn't know any better, and DS in his 8th month, though he wasn't interested, and only had a few bites every few days until 11 mos when he began eating solids on a daily basis.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• offer him home made food..like avocadoes and bananas to start..have you started cereal at all? my baby started @4months with cereal@5months with veggies and fruits..hes 8 months and eats everything and anything lol I also bf. Sometimes it takes babies several time to like it..this is all new to him, just keep offering it to him!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Totally normal. Just keep including him at mealtime and offer table foods he can feed himself and he'll eat when he's ready.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• normal! my dd was on all table food at 8 months!! she hated baby food!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My dd hated jared baby food! Make it yourself its really easy just get you a cheap food chopper ($10 at walmart) and just fix what you fix for the rest of the family! My daughter always ate what I ate and now she'll eat anything you put in front of her!
    confused0701

Answer by confused0701 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yep. Just try again in another week or so.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011