My husband got pulled over tonight and something doesnt seem right, any cops or cops SO?

My husband was pulled over tonight on his way out to get something from the store. It was 10 at night when he went. He did not see this cop car, it had no lights on, and it was undercover. They pulled him over supposedly because he did not use his blinker at the light. He said he did, I have to trust him because I was at home with our 3 sleeping children. When they pulled him over they got out of the car and asked him before they even got to the car how many were in the car. He said just himself and they told him they didnt believe him. He came over and shined the flashlight in my husbands car and stuck his head in the window to check how many people were in the car. He took his license back to his car to run it and sat there for 15 minutes until another unmarked cop car showed up with 2 more officers. All 3 were in plain clothing. They made him get out of the car and started asking him why we moved into our complex, when we moved into our complex, how we heard about our complex, and what type of illegal activities he was involved in. He told them none that we just moved in here in November because this was the sister location to our last complex and they told him to interlace his fingers behind his head and spread his legs and searched him. They had no probably cause and no reason to do so. All 3 of them crowded behind him and made him fear they were going to jump him. My husband is hispanic. They then let him back in his car and told him they were taking his license because it was under restraint. We never got a letter stating his license was under restraint. We paid his last ticket which was 2 years ago. They gave him a ticket for not signaling and driving a motor vehicle while license under restraint. They then set up a court date and told him to park his car in a parking lot near by and find another way home.

Something does not seem right but were not really sure what we can do. He feels completely violated. I really dont blame him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, somethings up with that. Sounds like racial profiling to me. You can always call an atty. for a free cosult just to see what's up with that.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Go to the DMV in the morning and run his driving record.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm not a cop, but what they didn't wasn't necessarily illegal, even though it was unfair. They probably were racial profiling, which isn't right (it's illegal yes but you're husband has no hard "proof" that they were profiling even though it's obvious), but sounds like they were probably looking for someone or there was a disturbance in the area and they found someone to harrass...unfortunately your husband. Only thing that sounds fishy is the vehicle being under restraint. I don't know why it would be if you paid the ticket. You would have been notified. I'd find out where that came from and go from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That definitely doesn't sound right I would go down to the police department and report this no matter what keep talking until someone listens no on deserves to be put through anything like this

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 1:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Those were not police men. They were identity thieves. Call the police bet you they'll tell you the same.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• He saw the badge and he has seen the cop in regular uniform before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't know if badges can be faked, but I know IDs can, so I'd think anything is possible. I'd report it to the police station and see what they do with things like this. It seems unfair and I'd still be worried. They shouldn't take his license...because now he's driving without one. I'd be worried they'd try to break into my place since it's got the info if it was a current ID. Fishy and maybe profiling. I'm not a cop, but I'd certainly see about checking it out with the station. Did he get a name and badge number to report to the desk?
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• as far as I know or thought I knew was a cop couldn't pull you over or ticket you when not in uniform.. I would deff call about that and I would call the dmv b4 the cop station just to see if they had a reason to take his ID... Deff find out why they was able to even pull him over or ticket him while NOT in uniform, that isn't right at all... As for everything else I don't know but I don't think you can do anything about that.. sorry but deff find out more informations!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sometimes they are looking for someone who's wanted for a crime that may fit your hubby or his car's description. They should tell you this - that happened to my boyfriend once he told me. If they didn't, that's odd. Can you call the police station and inquire it?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2011