What is most important?

I have a small dilemma I can not decide which doctor to keep. This is my first baby an well do I go with the doctor that is more friendly but has privileges at a hospital that is 3 stars, or a doctor that is more dry but has privileges at a 5 star hospital? All else being equal both are very good doctors, private practices I just don't know. HELP thanks

Hotsaus

Asked by Hotsaus at 1:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as they are both good drs. I would choose the one with the five star hospital. If that Dr tend to be short with you, schedule a "consultation" as they will block off more time for your appt., have a list of concerns ready, and if you feel like he is rushing you, tell Him.
    I have had experiences at five star hospitals and less than 5 star ones. And the quality of staff, and genuine concern, is so much better at a five star. If there is an emergency, i would want to know my child is ithe best hospital there is.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Is your baby healthy? If so, chances are he/she won't be in the hospital very often, if at all, so I guess I'd go with the friendlier doctor. But I can definitely see how this can be a difficult decision! Good luck :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Unless you are likely to have the baby in the hospital frequently, you really don't need to worry about the hospital ratings. Go with the doctor you are most comfortable with.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Which ever you feel comfortable with :-)
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 2:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Choose the one that you feel easiest talking to, and who takes more time with the baby.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• As my OBGYN lost her medical licence a week after I gave birth I probably don't have the qualifications to answer this. Two things to ask. Does either doctor have rotating staff where there is a good chance they won't be there on your deliver date or for most of it. Are you concerned at all about the hospital haviing a neotatal unit on site just in case? Is either doctor more attentive when you have a problem or question? Have you taken a tour of both places to see where you will be most comfortable giving birth?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Ah! Hadn't noticed that baby hadn't arrived yet. Go with the better hospital for now. Baby will end up being seen by whichever pediatrician is on call anyway. You can choose a different pediatrician for office visits.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• either one you feel most comfortable with but i'd choose the friendly one because chances are your child, when he gets old enough, will feel much more comfortable with the friendly one.
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011