Athletes foot home remedies?

so i have really bad athetes feet and it drives me crazy in the winter time.. i have tried the tanaction stuff and other store bought stuff but it doesnt seem to help any ideas?

i even tried the ped egg

kyiahsmommy

Asked by kyiahsmommy at 2:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Hi there...I have a solution for you but it's kind of gross...lol! My sister is in to all-natural/herbal remedies for everything. My hubby had a foot fungus for years probably due to wearing black socks almost 22 years while in the Air Force. He tried what my sister recommended and it KILLED the fungus completely...YAAAY!!!

The urea in your urine will kill all types of foot fungus...All you have to do is pee in a dixie cup, plug your bathtub/shower, pour it in and stand in it for a few minutes. I know, I know...it is gross to think about but my hubbys feet were awful and he had tried everything else. If your brave enough to give it a try, you'll find that your fungus goes away. What have you got to lose?

Hope this helps...Karen
    wifedoll

Answer by wifedoll at 2:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• epsom salts foot bath
    Add cream and repeat for a few days
    but new socks
    Bleach out the shower floor
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• buy not but sorry
    mamacita69930

• Vinegar helps with foot fungus too it deacidify the fungal part you have to do foot soaks in it for a few weeks but once it gone never allow your feet to get damp or not change socks on a daily basics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• tea tree oil helped me alot. Its potent so water it down and mist it on. Make sure your feet are dry when getting out of the shower. Let your feet breath by going bare foot or wearing flip flops.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Tea Tree oil worked for me when I had a fungal infection on one of my toes. You also need to be sure your socks and shoes are clean. Fungus (like mushrooms) grows from spores. Your shoes and socks and shower floor need to be spore free if you are to maintain your fungus freedom. Try to keep your feet and shoes dry after 'disinfecting' them, and always wear clean socks. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Listerine mouth wash soak. No joke! Soak your foot/feet in listerine.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Tea Tree oil!!! It works on so many things, I make my own housecleaning products with it. Then I noticed a foot fungus starting on one toe. I dabbed it on there 1x/day for about 5-6 days and BAM! that baby was gone!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ok thanks for all the ideas.. i heard the pee thing a couple times before my brother told me it works.. i dont know i dont think im that brave..
    kyiahsmommy

Comment by kyiahsmommy (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011