Why do people get so offended by honest answers to questions they ask?

People come on and post questions or post details inviting comment and then they get upset when someone says something they don't like. I don't understand how you can post about something and then get upset over comments about it. If you don't want people to not agree with you and you feel you know what your doing without need of advice or comment then don't post about it. Its common sense really.

Iamasinglemom99

Asked by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I can't answer for everyone. Personally, I don't like the answers where I think the person didn't understand or didn't read the question. Of course everyone likes to have their own opinion be validated, but you get what you're asking for, if you ask a loaded or debatable question, especially on here.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• "I can't answer for everyone. Personally, I don't like the answers where I think the person didn't understand or didn't read the question. Of course everyone likes to have their own opinion be validated, but you get what you're asking for, if you ask a loaded or debatable question, especially on here. "

Well to be fair some people have really crappy writing styles and its hard to understand what they are saying or asking. But many seem afraid to make waves. I am not afraid to make waves. Because I learned a long time ago that what people otherside of my social group think of me matters not at all.
    Iamasinglemom99

Comment by Iamasinglemom99 (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• In many cases, it's not what you say it's how you say it. There are some moms on here, one in particular, that always gives smart ass answers and usually it's uncalled for. In other cases, I think people know they are in the wrong but they don't want to admit it so they get angry when someone tells them they made a mistake.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't think differing opinions cause the problems. I think lack of respect causes most of the problems.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't know, but there is a mom or 2 that seems to bash almost every answer to her questions. I often skip their questions.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Because a lot of times, people aren't really looking for advice, they're looking for support.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011