Have you ever been to a wine tasting?

Have you ever been to a wine tasting? What did you like and not liked about the tasting?

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 4:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Entertainment

• I went on a wine-tasting day with a few friends - we rented a limo & went to about 10 wineries on Seneca Lake in upstate NY - each winery is different in their theme, wine flavors and presentation. it ranged from one place called the Rasta Ranch - crappy wine IMO but fun place to be - it was in an old barn and everything was covered in 60's memoriabilia. then we went to another one that felt like I was in a church. I was trashed by the time we got to that one and everything started tasting the same, so I took a nap in the limo :) Each winery charged like $2-$5 for their tasting menu.
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 12:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I've never been to one catered by a business, but I've been to several wine club tastings, and a few dinners where we tried multiple wines and cheeses (france).
    If you get the chance, I'd go...especially if the wines are either made by the local community or from europe (specifically, france, they've got the best hands down in my opinion).
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• No I haven't but they sound fun.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes, we went to several while we were in Germany and a few close to our hometown. The one thing that I don't like is that Inknownthat I don't like white wine but they "push" you to try everything. Other than that I love them.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I've been to the Brotherhood winery in NY and 3 Sisters winery in NJ. After the tour they have tastings. Our synagogue has a wine tasting as a fundraiser. Those are fun. A local liquor store would come in with several wines and they would also have a pairing with different desserts. They are so much fun!!!!
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Went to a couple here in Oregon.....no cons, pro was it was a lot of fun.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011