i am 28 weeks and measuring 33 cm...

i am thinking GOING EARLY
or i will have a REALLY BIG BABY

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 1:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was measuring about 3 cm more then I should of for all my appointments up until yesterday and now it is a perfect 28 so it must just be fluid or something else. They tell me since I still have some extra weight in on my stomach from my daughter that I will probably always measure a little bigger.
    mommyofkyra

Answer by mommyofkyra at 1:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Not necessarily. It could be, but nothing is sure until the baby actually gets here. I had a friend that always measured big and was 1 week late and had a 6 pound baby. Maybe the baby just had a growth spurt and your next appointment will be closer?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You may just have some extra amniotic fluid or the baby may have been positioned oddly or the baby may be big. Dont worry about it too much mama!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Have you had an ultrasound yet? Maybe it's twins! The doctor should be able to tell why you're measuring big with an ultrasound!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hey! I had that very same measurement at 28 weeks! My baby is measuring a bit big, but that's just because of her genetics (bother her father and I were very large, Nordic babies). Just because your baby is measuring big now doesn't necessarily mean that your baby will be above average in size when born, they may just have had a growth spurt at that time. Another thing is that with that your doctor or midwife is only measuring the fundal height of your uterus, which is not necessarily accurate for determining the actual size of a baby. If your care provider is concerned, he or she will order an ultrasound to see how things are shaping up in there.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008