Why are people this naive or close-minded?

Another member typed this: "Umm...it's called CAFEMOM, not cafe-everyone! I don't want parenting advice from teenages, or people who don't have kids. I don't want advice about women's issues from men or adolencents who havn't had any women's issues yet."

Um... yeah let me know how you figure out which advice your reading is from a guy or gal and whether or not they got kids or how old they are.

Get out of your box and really think about this. Its the internet. There's no way to tell whose doing the posting and as long as its not harmful or causing any problems and offering a positive feedback here, then who cares who typed it? 

A lot of people even share their logins and there's no way to know if she's typing or he is. Plenty of moms come here causing crap too.  So why worry about it? If they really cared (the site) they'd take greater measures to ensure it, but they don't. Its all about marketing and capturing a target audience. They don't actually care who joins or not. Men even work for the site and a man founded the site.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in About CafeMom

• If people are that gripped they should step away from the keyboard. There is also the little fact that most of the site is open to the public even if you have to be a member to post. I also agree with the above. I have to many of the guys that work here. The belong to certain groups, answer feedback questions and even post here in answers. Gasp! Men are everywhere!
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Actually, they DO care. If it is discovered that someone is a man, they will remove their profile. And how exactly do you propose they PROVE who is on this site? Retinal scans at login? Expensive key codes that expire after a few seconds that would require we all receive an electronic receiving device?

Oh and having a man work for found the site is different from those of us who use it. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• it;s the Internet, no one knows who is truely who out here, so you ask a question take the advice or leave it...
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Why do I have the feeling this complaint is lodged from the 'secret stay at home dads' that frequent this site?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011