WYR: Pick your own engagement ring out or have your future dh do it?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 6:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in

• I picked out my own ring, I kind of wish my husband had done it, but then again I'm glad he didn't b/c I'm the one who has to wear it!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My future husband, personally. Of course, my husband did pick out my ring... so that might be a biased opinion. I just think it's a way to show a bit of him wrapped around your finger in a symbol of undying love, a circlet of trust and devotion, and all that mushy jazz. I guess I have a unique way of looking at things, though.

.moonstone.

Answer by .moonstone. at 7:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My husband picked out mine and I'm glad he did. An engagement ring is a gift from him and I want him to pick it out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• have your future dh do
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• When I knew we were going to get engaged I told my then boyfriend that I would like to pick out the setting and as far as a stone that I like the round cut. When I found the setting I loved, I took him to the store and I took a walk so he and the salesperson could talk. I figured it I was going to be wearing it all the time I might as well have something that I liked. It's very different, it's tri-colored gold, white, pink and gold. After visiting 30+ jewelry stores I knew it was the one because it was so different.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i want to pick, and i did
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My engagement ring was one my husband had picked out for his former fiancee. He offered to get me something else but I liked the setting and who cares when the ring was bought. I got it, not her!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• have dh do it
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• pick my own out
    tinkerbell244

Answer by tinkerbell244 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011